Aetos is committed to strengthening our communities through firm-sponsored philanthropic and community-service activities and provides paid time off to employees to pursue volunteer charity work. Additionally, many of our team members commit their personal time to engage in varied volunteer activities.
Philanthropic activities have included:
- Supporting troops stationed abroad by donating food and personal care items
- Partnering with the New York Cares Winter Wishes program to provide holiday gifts to children from low-income communities
- Empowering team members to identify donor recipient organizations that assisted with rehabilitation following the California Camp Fire in 2018
- Making donations in lieu of printed holiday cards beginning in 2007
- Creating a matching donation program to support one of our employees and her team as they represented the US in the Rowing World Championship
- Donating winter coats through the New York Cares Coat Drive, supporting local food drives and making donations to natural disasters
- Establishing and seeding donor-advised funds for employees to use toward charitable giving of their choice
- Creating a business travel game in which team members receive points for travel troubles; each time an employee reaches a set number of points, they choose a charity for the firm to make a donation
Community service activities have included:
- Restoring public parks and helping establish and maintain public gardens
- Painting murals in schools and participating in cancer walks
- Working with Volunteers of America—Greater New York on Operation Backpack to assemble and provide backpacks and school supplies to children in need
Aetos’ Commitment to Green Initiatives
In our offices, we are focused on being environmentally-aware and have sought ways to better protect the environment by reducing our consumption and waste. Accordingly, we implemented and actively maintain a number of green initiatives. These include both energy-saving and recycling practices, such as the promotion of reusable products in our offices over single-use items.